Saturday 4 September 2010

Dottie at the Beach

Lucky Louise was sat sunning herself in Turkey when she set the challenge this week at Dotties World and as such she decided it would be good to set a Beach/vacation theme (keep it sunny she said) Oh and it must include a Charmed download!  Well there are some really fantastic downloads that all fit really well for this theme, just check out the DT cards to see.  Anyway I decided to go back in time to one of my early collections Fun Time Dottie to be precise and chose Dottie at the Beach who I coloured using copics and sakura stardust and glaze, I then cut her out and mounted her using foam pads onto a background using papermania paper and the sun ray technique (which I lifted from my team mate Heather from over at Crafty Sentiments who left a link to here to show how it was done.)  I also inked the background with a blue before adding the sun rays.  This I cut out using a nestie and then added this to the main card, which I again inked and used papermania paper, using foam pads.  To the main card I added some hand doodled birds! and some peeloffs.  Really enjoyed creating the little scene here.


I am also entering this card into the following challenge:
Cupcake Crafts Challenge #106 ~ Lets Get Digital

TFL

5 comments:

  1. Hello
    You done a marvellous job with this card. Great background, love the sunny feeling.
    Dottie is so adorable with her gears on the beach.
    Thanks for playing with us at DW this week.
    *Gunn*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jac, I love this card the background is fantastic will have to go check out Crafty Sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! What a great digi you've used! Thanks for joining us a Cupcake this week! Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh great job Jac! I LOVE how you have created the sunrays, what an inspired idea!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous job! LOVE those yellow rays!!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x