Tuesday 31 January 2012

Crafty Sentiments - Punches & or Dies

This week over at Crafty Sentiments Jan is our host and she has a fantastic theme of punches & or dies, what a great theme.  For my card I decided to have a play with Steampunk so I used the very handsome manga image (Jack) Lets Go Out which is available over at Crafty Sentiments Designs, coloured him with my copics taking my inspiration from the paper which is Dovecraft Funky Vintage, I tore and inked the edges of the image and mat layer.  I stamped some papermania urban stamps on to the paper and then added cs cogs cut with a spellbinders die and stamped a little pocket watch between them, the film strip is a sizzix die as is the ric rak which I threaded through the film strip and finished off with a sentiment cut on the Cricut using the Beyond Birthdays cartridge.  Pleased with how this turned out, think I might be begining to get the hang of this steampunk! (Mind you by the time I really get it sussed it will go out of fashion lol)
So that is what I did this week, please check out what the rest of the DT have provided for your inspiration they are wonderful and then don't forget to join us we love coming to visit you.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Stampin for the weekend #2 ~ Embossing ~ my cogs have been embossed
2 Sisters #76 ~ Sketch
Sentimental Sundays #87 ~ Dry embossing
Chocolate Coffee & Cards #5 ~ Thinking of you/missing you
TFL

8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Jac,love your layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is fabulous.. love the steampunk theme and the filmstrip is wonderful..
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have a go at this steampunk.... love it!

    Jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very good male card. Love the steampunk and the papers and image. Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters sketch challenge. HOpe to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome male card. I love the color choices. Your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us this time at CCCC, and hope to see back.
    Hugz,
    Christine Dt at CCCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jac this is terrific that image looks so cool and what super papers and design, love it.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great manly card. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays, hope you'll play along again next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x