Tuesday 10 January 2012

Crafty Sentiments - Water Theme

This week the challenge over at Crafty Sentiments is a 'Water Theme' and several of the new releases work so well for this theme, I chose to use Annabel the Mermaid and I teamed her up with a 'swimming Billy' from an earlier release both available at Crafty Sentiments Designs.  They are coloured using copics, I added some stardust to Annabel and some crystal glaze to Billy.  The background paper is a piece from my scrap drawers that gave me the impression of water (sort of!)  To this I have added a sandcastle and some vines cut using my cricut and I have created a little underwater scene.  I dont often create scenes but really enjoyed putting this one together. 

Dont forget to check out the rest of the amazing DTs work you will not be disappointed and then why not 'dip your toes in the water' and join us for the challenge.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafts and Me ~ Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes #102 ~ Saturated Colours
Crazy Challenge #102 ~ Lace and/or pearls, Annabel has a star of pearls in her hair
Crafty Cardmakers #59 ~ NO floral embellishements
Cupcake Crafts #174 ~ Something New
Mad for Markers ~ New colour combo challenge, I dont really use the BG so that is what I went with here.
I have used BG15, 34, 49, R00, 11, YR 04, 16, E57, 47, 49
TFL and now its over to you. xx

10 comments:

  1. what a fab underwater scene .. so cute
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, what a fun image you have created for us, great colouring and so so cute, thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, the watery background paper works really well. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week.
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful summery card. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little scene with lovely images & great papers. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! Thank you for playing along at The Crazy Chhallenge this week and don't forget we are having a DT Call too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the little scene you have created! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've created the scene with the 2 images :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great scene you have created here. Gorgeous colouring.
    Thanks for joining and sharing with us at M4M hugs from Bron

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so sweet!! LOVE it!!!
    The mermaid is fantastic!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x